Thursday, February 18, 2010

Alon's Conclusion

I have never really been into the blogging side of social media, so this trimester was new for me to have to journal and connect online in that way. I found it really interesting to think about blogs in a non-personal way. Most of the people I know who follow blogs do it as a way to keep people posted on their life, not for business or company reasons. Once I started blogging about a specific topic all the time, I found it really interesting to read what kind of information my group members found and I got to tell them my imput immediately!! I definitely learned that blogging can be a way to increase business, spread information, and connect with people with the same passions (or assigned topics) as you.

The thing that I liked about blogging was how easy it was! As a group, we only needed to meet up once or twice to exchange facts and information because most of our info was on the blog. We were able to share ideas and bounce off sources to one another. It made it alot easier than having to meet up four or five times. I also liked that we could give feedback on each other's posts and how immediate it was. I think I liked it and it was easy for me because social media and technology are such stables in our daily lives that it made homework and assignments convenient and easy.

One thing I didn't like about blogging was how informal it felt. When I do school work I try and make it very professional and formal. When I was blogging, I just felt like I was sending an email to my friend, or commenting on facebook. For school assignments I feel like I need a word document in front of me to have the professionalism and formality of a paper.

I definitely learned how to use blogging in a future career. Even during my research I found that The New York Times has blogs for businesses. It was just different followers giving or asking for advice on their business. I found it really interesting because different business owners and managers were just bouncing off ideas to each other about how to better conduct their business. I feel like that's something that business people wouldn't naturally do face to face, so blogging is a great way to approach that. I think blogging is something I could get into to see what kind of trends are out there in the baking field, see what others are doing, and learn from different sources!

A blog that I want to start following is by a cake bakery call the Pink Cake Box. http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/ I think it would really be inspiring for what I want to do, give me great ideas, and spread my horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment