Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Starting As A Fad

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8996138

This is an article from about 2 years ago that talks about going green as a fad. I think that we pretty much covered in our project that going green is NOT a fad...even if it might have started out as one. It basically talks about what actions people were taking for Earth Day in 2008. A phrase used was "Get Hip, Get Green". The article talked about technology a little bit, but more social media and how myspace was making efforts towards Earth Day. The article was just okay.

On a side note, I dont know if any of you actually are into the "green" movement but there's a green collaborative on campus, its a club on campus. They make efforts towards, well obviously, going green at school and in the community. There is a meeting this coming Monday if anyone's interested i could get more info. I know they're begining to make plans for "earth week" on campus.

2 comments:

  1. I found this article leaving a really awkward impression on me. Maybe I just didn’t fully understand, but at the beginning I felt like they were talking about going green is a "hip" thing to do because it's the coolest thing to do in the moment, but then goes on to say that they felt people were only interested because it was popular at the time and don’t really care about the implications or actually practicing procedures that are ecofriendly. I don’t know I was a little confused by this article but I agree Alon, we definitely covered the topic that going green isn’t a fad it's a trend that's here to stick around for a long time, which also surprises me that even 2 years ago people were doubting this movement. Despite my understanding, I did like how they gave a little background on the first Earth day in 1970 and the product difference over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to ask about the club on campus can you tell me more about it on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete